Massaman Curry

Serves 4
Thai food is the way to my heart. I adore Thai food, especially coconut curries with lots of sticky rice. I can't get enough! If I had my way, and the money, I would eat at a Thai restaurant every single night. So to save on the pennies I'm creating my own takes on the classics us British love. So here is my take on a delicious Massaman curry, serve with plenty of sticky rice, scattered with toasted peanuts and you have yourself a treat.




Ingredients:
1/2 tbsp Oil
1 onion
3 Medium garlic cloves
1 Thumbsize chunk of ginger
4 heaped tbsp peanut butter
150g Button mushrooms
2 Carrots
3 Medium potatoes
1 Red pepper
1 Yellow pepper
1 Tin coconut milk (not light coconut milk)
250 ml Vegetable stock
4 Kaffir lime lives (or sub. for 4 tbsp lime juice)
2 Tbsp soy sauce

To Serve:
Handful of toasted peanuts
Portion of rice - sticky rice if you have it

Method:
Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Dice and add the onion to the pan and saute until soft, season with salt and pepper. Chop the garlic and ginger and add to the pan, stirring often to avoid burning, for 2 minutes.

Chop the vegetables into chunks and add to the pan, frying for 10 minutes until starting to brown. Add the lime leaves/juice, peanut butter, tin of coconut milk and vegetable stock. Cook until the vegetables are tender, around 20 minutes then stir in the soy sauce.

Serve with sticky rice and top with toasted peanuts.

Comments

Popular Posts